Last updated: March 12, 2019
This American Paulownia Association (APA) policy will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
Personal identification information including but not limited to: Individual Name, Business/Company Name, email address(es), phone number, web site address(s), mailing and/or physical addresses.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide APA with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online, become a member of APA, or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
- Conduct business with any of our members, sponsors or third party business associates.
- The APA may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources: web site service providers and organizations necessary to provide you with a seamless and friendly experience.
How will we use your data?
The APA collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with information on upcoming expiration of membership and/or advertising, scheduled events, special offers on products and services, and additional items of interest that we think you might like.
If you agree, the APA may share your data with our partner companies so that they may also offer you their products and services. These companies may include: Other APA individual members and member organizations, APA sponsors and associate companies and organizations, financial organizations processing your order(s), etc.
How do we store your data?
- The APA does not store any payment card information. All payment card transactions are handled solely through the PayPal website and any payment card information that you choose to store for future use is handled by PayPal.
- The APA will keep your personal and company membership data for the entire period of your membership in the APA. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by manual review and removal.
- The APA would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our associates and partner companies. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop The APA from contacting you for marketing purposes or providing your data to other members of APA.
- If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
The APA would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request The APA for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that The APA correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The APA to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to delete your personal data on file; or, request that the APA delete it for you under certain conditions.
- your own personal data on file; or, request that The APA erase your data The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that The APA restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to The APA processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that The APA transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a data request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call us at: 1-301-790-0269; 1-301-790-3075
- Or write to us: American Paulownia Association, Inc., 16345 Mt. Tabor Rd., Hagerstown, MD 21740
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality — The APA uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising — The APA uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The APA sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Call us: 1-301-790-0269; 1-301-790-3075
- Or write to us at: American Paulownia Association, Inc., 16345 Mt. Tabor Rd., Hagerstown, MD 21740